Varicose & Spider Vein Treatments in Manhattan & NYC
Spider veins are networks of small red, blue or purple veins that appear on the surface of the skin. They often form a pattern like a spider web. While spider veins rarely indicate a serious condition, they can be a cosmetic nuisance, particularly when they appear on visible areas like the legs or face.
Varicose veins are swollen, twisting veins that are visible underneath the skin’s surface. They can be accompanied by uncomfortable symptoms, including swelling, heaviness in the leg and itching skin. If the condition is left unchecked, painful skin ulcers can develop in the ankle area that can be very difficult to treat. That is why it is best to address venous conditions early on, to ensure more effective treatment options are available.
Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments of Manhattan offers a wide range of treatments for both varicose and spider veins, which allows us to customize treatment to a patient’s specific needs.
Spider Veins Treatment Options
- Asclera – a prescription medication injected directly into surface spider veins, causing them to seal shut and disappear
- Foam Sclerotherapy – considered the gold standard in spider vein treatment, this procedure uses injections of a foam solution to seal veins so they disappear
Varicose veins are typically larger than the standard spider vein, so they may need a different type of procedure.
Varicose Vein Treatment Options
- VNUS Closure – a narrow catheter and radiofrequency energy are used in this state-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedure to seal off affected veins
- VenaCure EVLT – another innovative vein treatment using a minimally invasive endovenous laser to seal affected veins shut and divert blood flow to healthy veins nearby
- ClariVein – combines mechanical agitation with a sclerosant agent to more effectively treat affected veins with less discomfort and recovery time
- Foam Sclerotherapy – the same procedure used to treat spider veins can also be used to effectively seal off larger varicose veins
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy – traditional vein treatment that uses micro-incisions and a tiny tool to remove diseased veins from the leg in small segments
With a wide range of spider and varicose vein treatments to choose from, the staff at Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments of Manhattan is prepared to customize individual patient care with innovative procedures requiring less discomfort and downtime. For more information about your options in varicose vein treatment, contact us at Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments of Manhattan today.