Botox and Fillers are an effective way to achieve many of your aesthetic goals without surgery. With different formulations to choose from, your treatment can be customized to your unique needs and desired results. These procedures can smooth away facial lines, restore youthful volume and even add definition to areas like the lips and jawline. The staff at Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments of Manhattan now offers injectable treatments for our New York City patients to give them another option in cosmetic enhancement.
Neuromodulators / Botox
These medications reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the upper face by relaxing the muscles that lead to their formation. Botox, the best known of all the neuromodulator formulations has been used for decades as a cosmetic treatment and was used for medical purposes long before that, so its safety has been well documented. Botox can be used to treat the following concerns:
- Horizontal forehead creases
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows (known as frown lines or the “11s”)
- Fine lines in the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet)
Botox injections take just a few minutes to complete and the procedure is relatively painless. Results will start to appear right away and continue to improve in the days following treatment. Most Botox results will last 3-4 months before a touch-up treatment is needed.
These injectable treatments work by supporting the underlying skin structure to smooth lines and restore volume from the inside out. We offer fillers from the Juvederm line, which provides solutions for a vast number of aging concerns:
- Lines the extend from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Creases that frame the outer corners of the mouth (smile lines)
- Wrinkles that run from the mouth to the jawline (marionette lines)
- Chin wrinkles
In addition, dermal fillers can restore volume to these areas of the face for a more youthful facial profile:
- Under the eyes to reverse the perpetually tired appearance
- Around the cheeks to bring definition to the cheekbone
- Along the jawline to create definition and minimize jowling
- In the lips to produce a plumper, more sensual pout
The Juvederm line includes three basic formulations that allow us to address different issues with the same proven dermal filler brand:
– This smooth formulation is commonly recommended for finer lines like the vertical lines that often appear above the upper lip. The formulation can also be used to enhance lip volume, producing subtle results.
Juvederm Ultra Plus
– A slightly thicker texture of this formula makes Juvederm Ultra Plus a good choice for deeper facial creases around the nose, mouth and jawline. This formula can be injected a bit deeper into the dermis to smooth away these more prominent aging signs.
– The larger particles in this formulation are effective in increasing volume in the mid and lower face. Juvederm Voluma may also be used to address mild skin laxity in these areas by restoring volume to areas where skin has begun to sag.
Like Botox injections, dermal fillers only take a few minutes to administer and initial results can be seen right away. The results will continue to improve in the days following treatment. Dermal filler results also tend to last longer than Botox, with results extending anywhere from 6-12 months in most cases.
How do Injectable Treatments Work?
Dr. Lev performs injectable treatments right in his Manhattan office in just a few minutes of time. The procedure is relatively painless, but topical numbing cream can be requested for sensitive areas like the lips if the patient requests. Once the treatment is completed, patients may return to their daily activities right away.
Side effects of injectable treatments are rare and typically consist of minor swelling and bruising around the injection sites. These side effects usually subside on their own in a day or two. Patients can use ice packs or take oral pain medication if the side effects are uncomfortable.
Injectable treatments offer temporary results and must be repeated regularly to maintain your new look. Duration varies depending on the specific formulation and the area where it is injected. Some patients find that after repeated Botox injections, they can go slightly longer between procedures without compromising their positive results.
Injectable Treatment Benefits
There are a number of potential benefits offered by injectable treatments:
- Quick, painless procedures that can be performed on a lunch hour
- Proven efficacy and safety
- No downtime after the treatment
- Ability to address a wide range of concerns
- Can combine injectable formulations for even better results
- Cost-effective way to maintain a more youthful appearance
Injectable treatments offer a variety of options to help you achieve many different aesthetic goals. If you would like to learn more about these procedures, contact Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments of Manhattan at 212-204-6501.